Thursday, January 14, 2010

17 Months

It's been exactly one month since my last post. I've gotten really bad about blogging! I did want to update a little bit, while I have a few free minutes. Colton's doing great. He enjoyed opening presents on Christmas and playing with all the new toys he got- enough to fill another condo! Today he turns 17 months old. Yesterday, I realized how tall he's getting and felt a pang of nostalgia for when he was an infant. He's just growing up so fast.

Colton now points to what he wants and makes a sound similar to the seagulls who said "mine" in Finding Nemo, when he asks for something. He can say six words, including "mama", "dada", "dog", "hi", "no", and "bye-bye". He also pretends to talk on the phone, which is the most hilarious thing to watch, and points the remote at the tv. He loves to clap along to music and right after a song is over, too.

My big boy is getting good at feeding himself with a fork and spoon, and actually eats more of what's on his plate if it's stabbed with a fork first. He also tries to get his own socks and shoes on. Colton loves to feed Tess her dog food, one kibble at a time, and throws her tennis balls for her to catch. The two of them have become quite the pair, playing nicely together when one of them isn't napping. They like to play tug of war with Tess's rubber bone or Colton's socks.

Coltie started sharing his food with me and Gregg, whether we want it or not. He also climbs up into our laps when we're sitting on the floor. He got a big boy chair from Gregg's parents for Christmas, and he loves getting in and out of it. It's so cute when he sits there watching Barney, with his toy remote in one hand.

Colton can stand confidently all by himself now, and last Thursday, he took his first steps!! His preferred method of getting around is still crawling, but he has random moments throughout the day when he decides to walk. Just another milestone to remind me that he isn't a baby anymore.

Over Christmas, I found out that my sister is pregnant and due in July with her first. I am so excited for her and to be an aunt again! It's kind of funny to be the one giving baby advice when not so long ago, I was a brand new mom with no clue how to take care of a newborn. It will be nice to offer some help and support to her as she goes through this journey.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've missed you!

I'm glad to hear Colton is doing well and you had a great Christmas :)

Hope you hear from you again soon!