Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Spring Come Quickly

I have never been more ready for spring to arrive. We just got another three feet of snow last Thursday and Friday, on top of the snow from earlier in the month that hadn't melted yet. Today was 41 degrees and it felt like a heatwave! Only three weeks until spring officially starts...

So other than snow, snow, and more snow things have been going well around here. My mother-in-law is generously letting me use her car while she's down in North Carolina watching Gregg's sister's kids for the next six weeks. Lori and Adam are currently in China for stem cell treatments on Adam to improve his vision. He is legally blind, diagnosed with Optic Nerve Atrophy as a kid, and has never driven a car or seen his kids' faces clearly. They had to raise about $40,000 to go over there and they were able to do it in less than 9 months! So while she's in NC, my MIL is driving Lori's SUV and offered to let me have her car which I am really grateful for. :) I've been going to MOMS Club activities, visiting with a friend from church, and shopping with Colton a few times. That is, when it hasn't snowed!

On February 15, Colton had his 18 month well visit and was 24 lbs. 6 oz. and 31 1/2". He's in the 25th percentile for both height and weight now. My chunky little baby isn't so chunky anymore! Everything else looked great at the appointment and he received three more shots, during which he screamed his head off. Colton has been cutting his molars and lower lateral incisors for the past couple of weeks too. Last week he had a lot of really nasty diapers, and pooped five times in one day. His poor little bottom was so rashy, and I felt horrible for him. It seems to have cleared up now, though. I think the diarrhea was caused by the teething, but I'm not 100% sure. Gregg seems to think it's a reaction to a new bottle of vitamin drops that might just be bad. I was also giving Colton blueberry yogurt and oatmeal for breakfast, along with assorted fruit (strawberries, pineapple, etc.) throughout the day when the problem started, so it could be a reaction to the food. We started eliminating one thing at a time to try and figure out the source, but don't have any definite answers yet.

That's pretty much it for now. Taking care of a house (okay, condo) and a child is all-consuming. I'm being challenged daily by my toddler whose frustration tolerance is about zero. It seems no matter what I do during the day, it is guaranteed that he will have a tantrum over something a half hour to an hour before dinner. I am always so frazzled by the time we sit down to eat. I can't wait for warmer weather so I'll be able to take a walk with Colton in the afternoon. A lot of days I just don't know what to do to occupy his time between when he wakes up from his nap and Gregg comes home. Motherhood is so much fun! (insert sarcasm)

1 comment:

Maria Delgado said...

Yeah, we are definitely dealing with tantrums ourselves here. Ugh. So tiring!