Monday, September 14, 2009

13 Months

Already through the first month of his second year! I'm so impressed with all that Colton's been doing and learning since he turned one. Of course, the biggest development over the past month was the cutting of his first tooth!! I noticed on Saturday night that he has another one coming through the gums, this time on the top.

In addition to cruising all the furniture, Colton will walk when we hold his hands. He is starting to figure out how to stack things and put objects inside one another. He likes to "help" me put away things, too. They're usually not in the right order, but it's so cute that he tries. Once he piled Gregg's socks and shoes on top of each other and made a tower out of the pots & pans, putting the big soup pot on top of the little sauce pan! The other day Colton worked at fitting the lid back on his blocks container and even though it was upside down, he managed to line it up correctly.

He says "momma" frequently now, usually when he wants something. Colton is still really wary of other adults. I tried leaving him in nursery these past two weeks, but he wouldn't stop crying for me. So I just stayed with him in the room and talked to the nursery workers, which was good fellowship at least. I'm not sure if I should just let him "get over it" by not coming back to the nursery once I've sat in the sanctuary. It's frustrating not being able to get a break and sit through an entire service.

Here are some pictures of my cutie:



2 comments:

erin said...

Oh my goodness, his curls are the cutest!! What a doll! :)

My girlfriend has the same issue with her 18 month old daughter at church. Hannah just cries and cries for Tracie and it's very stressful for her. She has started to just leave her there, and the nursery workers say that she's getting better about the crying--it's becoming less and less, so hopefully there will be some light at the end of the tunnel for both of you! I'm sure it is frustrating. Thankfully, Levi hasn't gotten to that stage yet!

Hope you're having a great day!

love,
Erin

audreybreier said...

He is getting SO big!! I can't believe he's over a year now!

As for the anxiety, Liam has it too. It really is so frustrating. I'm hoping once I'm done nursing, maybe he will start to get over it.

I do think he is at an age where it's kind of common to have mommy anxiety. I know when I work at our church nursery with the 1's, they all cry when being dropped off. Have you tried to leave him for a while to see if he stops crying eventually? It's a hard thing to deal with, I know!