Saturday, June 18, 2011

Back From Vacation

I figured that since I actually have some spare time in between vacation and moving, I would write a quick post. We are back from Sesame Place and had a GREAT time. Colton loved going on all the rides (even a roller coaster that I thought he would be scared of) and meeting the Sesame characters, especially Elmo! The look on his face when he saw Elmo for the first time is one I will remember for the rest of my life. He was so happy to give Elmo a hug and a high five, then take him by the hand to try to take a walk.

Due to my condition (a.k.a. pregnancy), the only rides I could go on were the carousel and Big Bird's Lazy River where I just sat in a giant tube and floated down the water, but it was still fun seeing Colton have a blast and experience everything through his child's eyes. I remember Sesame Place being a lot bigger, but that was more than 20 years ago. We had pretty good weather while we were there also- not too hot or too cool- and because we went before school lets out, it wasn't that crowded. It rained for a little bit on our third day, so we decided to drive out to the Crayola Factory and spend a few hours there. Our last day was finally hot enough to enjoy the water rides, and Colton couldn't wait to splash around in the toddler sized tidal pool area.

We left on Wednesday and as soon as we pulled onto the highway, Colton fell asleep. Naps were not a regular occurrence during our trip, but he did fairly well anyway. We tried to head off a meltdown on our second day, which was our longest day in the park, by leaving after lunch and going for a drive. Colton ended up sleeping for about an hour, and then we went back.

Because we had season passes, we could come and go whenever we felt like it. We also didn't pay for parking since we upgraded them. The passes also gave us a 30% discount on food and merchandise. The really nice thing is that we can go back at another time for just a day, if we want, up until October 30.

On Thursday, we slept in and ran some errands during the afternoon. We stopped for lunch at Panera Bread, which turned out to be ill fated. Gregg and I both ended up with food poisoning. He had it worse than I did, which I only attribute to the fact that I'm pregnant and am currently not (ahem!) regular. Thank goodness Colton didn't also get sick, but it wiped the two of us out for the following day. My throat and chest still hurt from all the vomiting. I was worried about it affecting the baby, so I tried to stay as hydrated as possible even though I couldn't keep food down. She seems to be doing fine though, kicking the tar out of me when she's awake.

In other news, we decided on a name for Baby Girl! We're not revealing it until she's born, like we did with Colton. I am surprised that we were able to choose a name at 23 weeks when we couldn't decide on Colton's until 38. I go for my 24 week appointment next Friday, and then shortly after that I'll be in my third trimester already. I can't believe she'll be here in less than four months. :)

1 comment:

Rusti said...

sounds like a LOT of fun (well, all except for the food poisoning! ick!) I'm glad you guys had such a good time, and that Colton had an amazing time :) I can't wait to do fun stuff with Goose like that (although we did take a day trip down to the Columbus Zoo on Saturday!! 4hrs down, 6+hrs in the zoo, 4hrs home - long day, but we had a GREAT time and can't wait to go back! Next time though we're going to make it a 2-day trip!) :)