The pile of presents under the tree is growing as more packages show up on our doorstep. Christmas cards continue to accumulate on the sill of the bay window in the kitchen. Our counters are full of home baked goodies that we’ve received from co-workers this past week. With all these adornments, the house is looking very festive. Last night, Gregg and I opened the ornaments his mom sent with the large package that arrived on Tuesday, the ones that she engraves herself every year. There were two identical silver snowflakes with our names and the year on them, which we hung on the tree. Yes, our home is looking a lot like Christmas indeed.
There’s still a list about a mile long of to do’s before Gregg’s family arrives next Friday, of course, but I’ve posted it here in a nice, neat (belated) Thursday Thirteen. Having it down “on paper” and out of my head helps me to focus on what really matters this Christmas holiday. These are just things to do, and they will get done!
13 Things I Need To Do Before The In-laws Get Here
1. Go grocery shopping for the “Christmas Feast”.
2. Finish wrapping the presents.
3. Sweep the floors, vacuum, dust.
4. Wash bed sheets and make up the guest beds.
5. Clean the bathroom. (ick)
6. Fold and put away laundry; stack fresh towels in the bathroom closet.
7. Recycle cardboard boxes.
8. Clean out the refrigerator.
9. Organize/put away papers that are piled in various places in the kitchen.
10. Give the dog a bath.
11. Sweep out back porch.
12. De-clutter our bedroom and the spare room.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants