12 hours until we pick up Gregg’s parents and grandfather at the airport. I’m only working a half day today, so I can get some last minute things around the house ready. Since Gregg’s been off this whole week, he’s already accomplished a lot of the things that needed to get done, which I am extremely grateful for. So, not much else to do really but clean the bathroom and make up the guest beds.
Now for a fun year-end survey that I found on Christina’s blog. Since I completely forgot about yesterday’s Thursday Thirteen, this will sorta make up for it. It’s always fun to take a look back…
1. Where did you ring in 2006? On the living room couch in front of the t.v. Yup, we’re such par-tay animals.
2. What was your status on Valentine’s Day? Happily married. Gregg & I had a romantic dinner of frozen chicken tenders and store-bought cupcakes on a cardboard box “table” that night, since all our furniture had been moved out the day before and was on its way down to Florida.
3. Were you in school (anytime this year)? Nope.
4. How did you earn your keep? I worked as an administrative assistant/bookeeper at a crisis pregnancy center, the best job I ever had.
5. Did you ever have to go to the hospital? Thankfully, no.
6. Have you ever encountered the police? Goodness, no.
7. Where did you go on vacation? Um, nowhere.
8. What did you purchase that was over $500? Our house!
9. Did you know anybody who got married? Yes, two couples from church.
10. Did you know anybody who passed away? Gregg’s grandmother, in November.
11. Have you ran into anybody you graduated high school with? Not actually in
person, but I did sort of “run into” someone through their blog and started communicating again through email.
12. Did you move anywhere? Obviously to Florida, at the beginning of the year.
13. What sporting events did you go to? None.
14. What concerts did you go to? A local Christian band who played at our church.
15. Are you registered to vote? Yes, both here in the city where I live now and in the town where we’re from in NJ.
16. If so, did you do your patriotic duty on Nov. 7? Yes.
17. Where do you live now? Beautiful Palm Bay, FL.
18. Describe your birthday. I had to work that day, but when I got home Gregg took me out to my favorite restaurant, The Olive Garden, and gave me my present- an MP3 player.
19. What’s the one thing you thought you would never do but did in 2006? Buy a house! When we lived in New Jersey, it seemed like we would never be able to afford
20. What is one thing you regretted this year? That I didn’t appreciate some of the things I took for granted when I lived in NJ.
21. What’s something you learned about yourself? I am even more of a control and neat freak than I thought. Having a house to take care of seems to have brought out all of my neurotic tendencies.
22. Any new additions to your family? Our 1 yr old Boxer/Terrier/Whatever dog, Tess.
23. What was your best month? Probably January. We celebrated our third anniversary, and Gregg was offered his dream job which meant moving 1,000 miles away to start a whole new life- something we had prayed about for two and a half years.
24. What from pop culture will you remember 2006 by? I’m less into pop culture now than I was a few years ago, but I’d have to say American Idol, Season 5.