Friday, February 22, 2008

14w1d

Note to self: no chocolate, in any form, close to bedtime. Last night, we went out for dinner at Applebee's and I ordered a dessert shooter to top off my meal (don't worry, the dessert only came in a shot glass). It was chocolate mousse with whipped cream and crumbled Oreo cookies. Yum. And I paid for it dearly during the night.

I discovered what was making me so wigged out. I would fall asleep with no problem, but wake up at least three times feeling like I'd downed a bottle of NyQuil. So, new rule- no chocolate after 12pm. I still don't know what the heck I ordered as an entree. It was some kind of cheesy chicken pasta thing. I don't know that I would get it again, but it made fantastic leftovers this afternoon. From the beginning of my pregnancy 'til now, I've favored chicken and pasta over my once favorite red, juicy steak and potatoes. Could this mean I'm having a girl, or that my baby just caters to its Italian heritage more than its Dutch side?

I have had a suspicion all along that I'm actually having a boy. The only baby dreams I've had so far have been about little boys and my mom had one like that, too, about a week ago. Gregg has held to his position since the night we found out I was pregnant that I'm having a girl. We'll see who's right...

I've been having "round ligament pain" for the past few days, which was alarming to me at first because I felt sharp stabs on both sides of my abdomen. I read though, that this is just my body doing exactly what it's supposed to- preparing for the growth of the baby. My uterus is stretching, causing the pain. It's supposed to have moved out of the pelvis into my abdomen by now. I'm showing a little bit through my clothes at this point. My jeans feel tighter and tighter every day, especially right after lunch. I'm also starting to feel what I can best describe as... sensations in my lower belly. I don't know if it's quickening yet or not. It's not gas, but not exactly butterflies either. It's all becoming more real to me now, which is fun and exciting.

We get to hear the heartbeat for the first time next week! That will be so cool. Sometimes life can become so monotonous; get up, go to work, come home, eat dinner, clean up, watch tv, go to bed and do it all over again the next day. But then I get these little reminders that there is something truly amazing and miraculous happening inside me and it breaks through the monotony of every day life. Sometimes I get pee in my pants excited for this baby to arrive, and other times I sail right through the day hardly thinking about the pregnancy. I really do want to cherish every moment. Thank goodness for blogs!

1 comment:

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

Hearing the babies heart beat is soooo exciting! It's wonderful! Take a camera and have your hubby get a picture of your with the Doppler on your belly!