Thursday, March 06, 2008

16 weeks

Holy cow. I can't believe I'm almost halfway through this pregnancy already. It seems like only yesterday that I was staring at a positive HPT. I am actually starting to look pregnant now, and not just like I ate too much for lunch.

I bought my first pair of maternity jeans two weekends ago. It was funny getting pants in size medium! I can still just barely fit into my favorite regular jeans, but I think those will have to be abandoned very soon. I've been taking pictures of my growing belly each week, and I can definitely see a difference just between weeks 14 and 15.

Last Friday, I had another prenatal appointment and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time! It took the doctor a little while to find it, but it was a strong 155 BPM. I have to admit, I wasn't really sure what I should have been listening for so it wasn't obvious to me when she pointed it out. Oh well, all I care about is that everything's going well in there. All my bloodwork came back fine, too. I found out that I'm type O positive, which I did know once upon a time but forgot. Apparently, that's Gregg's blood type also. Oh, and since my last doctor's appointment I've gained five pounds.

I was scheduled for another routine check-up on the 24th and an ultrasound of the anatomy on April the 4th, when we'll learn our baby's gender! Which is perfect because we're planning on heading up to Jersey that evening since my sister's bridal shower is the next day, then visiting with Gregg's family. I can't wait to tell my mom that she's having a granddaughter or grandson. :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wasn't hearing the hearbeat amazing!?!?!?!? It makes is even MORE real knowing that there's a little person in there! Can't wait to find out if it's a girl or a boy...