Saturday, June 21, 2008

31w2d

Yesterday morning, we had another routine check up at the doctor's. Everything is going well, and I've gained another three pounds. That makes a total of 25 pounds gained since the start of my pregnancy, which isn't bad. Baby Boy's heartbeat was fluctuating between 137 and 140 BPM. The nurse midwife who saw us went over delivery procedures and had me fill out a registration form for my hospital stay. After the appointment, I was scheduled for the rest of my visits through the end of August.

Two more months left! I am getting really excited. Thank you to those who prayed for me this past week when I was feeling down. God rejuvenated my spirit and gave me the most wonderful dream last night about our sweet little boy arriving. He was perfect, and I got to hold him close and kiss his soft, pudgy cheeks. I already love him so much, and he's not even here yet!

I've been feeling Braxton Hicks contractions on and off for the last couple of days. They're uncomfortable, but not painful. My belly will tighten, and then I'll have pressure in my back with some very mild cramping. It's getting harder to get out of bed and manuever myself out of chairs. My tummy gets in the way as I'm on the couch typing on the laptop. And when I sit down now, my chest rests on my tummy, and my tummy rests on my thighs!

I'm so amazed that there's a little human being inside me. He's active much of the day, making my stomach appear to dance. After my dream last night, I am so ready for him to come.

31 weeks:

No comments: