Friday, July 25, 2008

36w1d

It's the final countdown! I've entered my ninth and last month of pregnancy. Only four more weeks to go. My doctor says if I go into labor now, they'll just let it progress. It's no holds bar at this point.

My aches and pains are growing, right along with my belly. It feels like my back hurts all the time, since I essentially have a watermelon strapped around my waist 24-7. The Braxton-Hicks are increasing in number and frequency, too, becoming more uncomfortable. Sometimes out of nowhere, my belly will just warp when Bubba presses one part of his body right up against me. It's neat, but also kinda freaky.

I'm still Forgetful Jones a lot of the time. I'm actually beginning to think there's some truth to the saying that you lose brain cells while you're pregnant. This morning, I got dressed for work and noticed that my pants felt tighter than usual. I know I'm growing rapidly at this stage, but I really didn't think I could have gained that much weight between the last time I wore this pair (Monday) and today. When I went into the bathroom to finish getting ready, I glanced in the mirror and realized... I had put my pants on backwards! Yeah, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box these days.

It hasn't sunk in yet that I'm thisclose to becoming a mother. That everything's about to change. I'm trying to really treasure these last few weeks of being pregnant before Bubba arrives, because I know I'll miss them. Even despite all the late- third trimester pains. Gregg keeps mentioning how excited he is for our baby to be born, which makes me feel great. I know he'll be a wonderful father. Bubba will be his little prodigy. :)

On another note, I'm so glad it's the weekend!! Another week closer to maternity leave. Sunday will be my birthday, too. The big 29. I don't feel that old, but reality is that 30 is just around the corner. Crazy.

Here's my latest belly shot, taken at 34w6d. I promise more updated ones soon.

No comments: