1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Had major surgery
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness!
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More quality time with God, financial stability
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 19 (my sister's wedding), August 14 (my son's birth)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Becoming a mother
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not always being the loving wife I should be. Not working hard to lose the last 20 of my pregnancy pounds.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope, I was pretty healthy this past year.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our minivan and new camera, and all the stuff for the baby. :)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband- he was so incredibly helpful when Colton was born and he put up with all of my crazy preggo hormones all those months.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My mom's. She refused to throw me a baby shower, because she didn't want relatives to feel obligated to give me something when they were already spending oodles of $ on my sister's wedding. What?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Things for our newborn son
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The ultrasound where we found out what we were having
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
"No Air" by Chris Brown and Jordyn Sparks
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? fatter
c) richer or poorer? poorer, monetarily
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spent more time with friends, gone on more dates with hubby
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Working and worrying
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With our families in New Jersey
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes, with my beautiful son
22. What was your favorite TV program?
So You Think You Can Dance, American Idol, The Office, Law & Order, Chuck, Bones
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, I can't say I hate anyone
24. What was the best book you read?
What to Expect When You're Expecting. Okay, it was the only book I read.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Wow, I really don't think I had any type of musical discovery
26. What did you want and get?
A precious, healthy baby boy and to become a SAHM
27. What did you want and not get?
A "normal" delivery, for Gregg to get a job in North Carolina (actually, I'm glad this last one didn't pan out)
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went out for lunch with Gregg, turned 29
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I honestly can’t think of anything
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Can I fit my expanding pregnant belly into it?
32. What kept you sane?
Blogging and listening to music
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
They weren't really celebrities, but I was enthralled with all of the dancers' talent on So You Think You Can Dance.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Most of Obama's political views... in a negative way. I didn't vote for him.
35. Who did you miss?
My friends back in New Jersey and Florida
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
That the grass isn't greener on the other side; just a different shade of green.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"You're gonna miss this, you're gonna want this back. You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast. These are some good times, so take a good look around. You may not know it now, but you're gonna miss this."