Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy 6 Month Birthday Colton

Dear Coltie,
My how time flies. You're half a year old already! It seems like only yesterday we were welcoming you into the world. I remember seeing you for the first time and thinking how perfect (and tiny!) you were. I couldn't believe something so beautiful and amazing was actually mine. I just marveled at how wonderfully and fearfully you had been made.

Those first few weeks were strange and difficult as I tried to navigate my new role as your mommy. But we made it through them together just fine. Now it feels like you've been in our lives forever. It's hard to remember what life was like without you. You bring me such joy every day as I watch you grow and develop. You are constantly taking in the world around you, eager to learn new things. I enjoy introducing you to new toys, books, music, food. I love holding you at night before you fall asleep. I love seeing you smile and laugh when I sing, make funny faces, or tickle you. Your laugh is the best sound in the world.

At six months, you are exploring everything. Grabbing everything in sight, including the dinner plates and utensils! You love to watch Tess and are fascinated by every move she makes. You can almost sit up all by yourself. You have a hearty appetite and have mastered the art of eating with a spoon. You like to hold your bottle while I'm feeding you, too! You have started to realize that you have hands and they can help you do all sorts of neat things.

Colton, you are loved so much. By me and your daddy, your grandparents, Jesus. I thank God for you every day and pray that you will have a personal relationship with the One who created you. I pray that you will keep your child-like wonder and won't let fear stop you from pursuing your dreams in life.

I look forward to watching you grow up more over these next six months. You are very, very special, and I am so blessed to have you as my son.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: