But first here are the rules:
If you would like me to interview you, just leave a comment and I will email you the questions! Here are the directions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
And now, Brittny’s questions for ME:
1. How did you and Gregg meet?
We met seven years ago on Yahoo Personals (go ahead and laugh). I had just moved back home after finishing graduate school and thought it would be fun to post an ad and "see what happens". I was very specific about what kind of person I was looking for and what kind of values he needed to have. About a month later, I received an email from Gregg saying that he saw my profile and included a short blurb about himself. We wrote back and forth for almost a week and exchanged pictures before I decided I would show up at his church one Sunday, you know, since I was "looking for a church to get involved in close to home". I brought a friend along and waited outside with her after the service so Gregg & I could meet in person for the first time. He later told me that he figured if I turned out to be a psycho or something, I'd probably never be able to find him there again since it's a church of about 10,000 people! So we're standing there and eventually I hear a voice from behind me say "Are you Marisa?" (I must have been incredibly obvious looking). I whipped around to find Gregg wearing a yellow shirt like me (we hadn't planned this), and my friend said we should take a Sears picture. We talked for a little while and he said he would email me later that evening to set up a date sometime that week. I knew after that conversation I was going to marry him. And almost exactly six months later, I did!
2. How have you surprised yourself over the last year?By the way I've stood up for myself more, both professionally and personally. At my last job, I worked with some very tough kids who were in the foster system. A few were absolute sweethearts, but there were also those ones that could be rude and disrespectful a lot of the time. I'm normally a push-over, but I was faced with situation after situation where I had to confront their behaviors and let them know it was not okay to treat me the way that they were. In my personal life I've had to put my foot down more than once recently with my own mother, who has always been difficult to deal with. I have needed to stand up for my beliefs and establish boundaries with her, as well as say when she did something hurtful towards me.
3. What's a typical day like for you?
Wake up around 6am, see Gregg off to work, jump in shower. After getting dressed, I'll wake Colton up if he isn't up already and feed him and get him ready for the day. Throw in a load of laundry next. Then while he's playing at the kitchen table in his hook-on chair, I'll eat breakfast and check email/blogs. I'll try to get some housework done while Colton is taking his first nap of the day. When he wakes up, I fix him some cereal and a bottle, change him, read a story, set him down in his walker (usually) to play while I move laundry and get some more housework done. Then it's time for lunch and shortly thereafter another bottle for Colton along with, you guessed it, another diaper change. Are we having fun yet? Then I play with Coltie for a little while and move onto folding and ironing clothes. He usually takes another nap at this point. If I have time, I might check out some more of my favorite blogs or post to my own before making dinner and giving Colton his final bottle along with fruits or veggies. Then Gregg comes home, we eat (usually while the baby shrieks to get out of his chair), I put Coltie to bed, watch some tv, go to sleep. Then wake up the next day and do it all over again. Ah, the exciting life of a suburban stay-at-home mom.
4. What are you most proud of?Becoming a mom almost six months ago, and battling & overcoming what I think was a mild case of PPD. When Colton was still a teeny tiny helpless newborn, I doubted that I would ever be capable of being the mother he deserved. But now I know I am, and while it's sometimes exhausting and frustrating taking care of him, I'm very proud to do it.
5. Who do you have a celebrity crush on?
I don't know... I've always thought Brad Pitt was very attractive. Not so much anymore since he decided to dump Jennifer Aniston and marry Angelina- could you have made a worse choice?