Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It's Not Every Day

... that you look out your window and see this.
























I had just come upstairs from moving laundry in the basement and walked into the kitchen where I could see the bear straight ahead through one of our back windows. I was a little freaked out to say the least, but I still had the presence of mind to grab the camera and snap a few pictures.
























Here's "Yogi" sauntering down our driveway. He was scared off by the two neighbor dogs barking from their yard.
























And here he is walking across the street like he doesn't have a care in the world ( and hadn't just scared the crap out of me).
























He eventually wound up going into another neighbor's front yard.

I had a weird feeling he would make another appearance today. Around 7:30 this morning while I was in the shower, I heard loud banging on the front door and Tess barking like crazy. I thought, it's too early for a delivery guy. Who in the world is that? Then I thought it might be a neighbor doing the good neighborly thing and wanting to warn me that there was a bear roaming around. Sure enough, the animal winds up in. our. backyard. For the second time in two weeks. Unless that knocking was the bear itself wanting some honey!

No comments: