Thursday, May 07, 2009

A Few Days Later

It's been a few days since my last "post of despair", and I want you all to know that I am feeling better. Good, in fact. Even purposeful.

This past week was just really difficult. Colton is at this stage where he's got a bit of an attitude, throwing hissy fits several times a day. I know it's because he's becoming more independent and all that, but I don't like it. I feel a little bit like I'm already losing my sweet little baby. And it hasn't helped that it's been so gray, cool, and drizzly here practically every day.

I think I'm done with the pity party for now, though. After all, I can remember last fall really wanting to be able to stay at home and feeling miserable that I had to go to work and be away from my son. It is pretty stinkin' amazing to watch him grow right before my eyes and not miss a single milestone of his, no matter how small. The last few days however had me thinking, dear Lord, how can I ever have another one of these?

Colton is really starting to show more of his personality and desire to do things on his own. I can't believe he's going to be 9 months old one week from today. There are a lot of updates on what he's been doing lately, but I think I'll wait to share them until my "nine months" post next week.

Gregg volunteered us to host Mother's Day this Sunday, since right now we have the room to have his whole family over and give his mom a break from the usual Sunday dinner affair. The men in each family are in charge of bringing something, like a dessert or side. In addition to obviously providing the house for the event, we are also supplying paper plates, cups, utensils, napkins, and drinks. It should be a good time. I used to get really stressed out about having a whole bunch of people over, but I'm looking forward to it.

This will be my first Mother's Day as an actual, well, mother. It's still a little unbelievable that I am somebody's mom. Incredible.

No comments: