Friday, October 13, 2006

Home Alone

...for the second night in a row. I'm feeling lonely here without Gregg. I just got off the phone with him and started to tear up. He said he won't be home until 8 or 9 tomorrow night. And then he'll have to get to bed pretty soon after that to be up again early in the morning for church. I know at least I'll have Sunday afternoon and evening to spend with him, but it seems like lately we hardly see each other. He said that the conference has been really good so far and he's learning a lot that he can take back with him. Two of his top volunteers are on the trip with him and they've been "bonding". So all good stuff. I can't help but feel selfish though. I just want my husband back!

Thankfully, I haven't been without things to do. The dog definitely requires some maintenance... and some cleaning up after. Today I came home from work and she had chewed the remote control for the stereo to bits along with an entire new roll of toilet paper. It was like some psycho confetti strewn about the living room and hallway. I was beyond livid. This is the second remote she's destroyed in one week too. One freaking week. This is EXACTLY why I did not want to get a dog.

I also worked on my blog and caught up on a few of my favorite Nestie blogs for a while last night and then the Internet crapped out on me. It still wasn't working when I tried to get on tonight, but I had Gregg talk me through how to fix it. That's the beauty of having a techie husband. I plan on getting the house cleaned tomorrow, since I'll have the entire day, and memorizing the scripture we need to for Sunday school. For now, I'm going to relax and kick back with some popcorn and The King of Queens.

No comments: