Sunday, October 15, 2006

Hubby's Home!

I was laying in bed watching tv when the key turned in the lock around 9:30. The dog and I both sat up and went towards the door at the same time. It's always great when Gregg comes home after being away. Obviously because I miss him, but also because it's like a little reunion between us. He put down his suitcase and laptop case in the hallway and wrapped me up in a big hug. I held him tightly and didn't want to let go. I let him unpack and change for bed, and then he came around to my side of the bed and held me. Did I mention how great reunions are?

He joked that he should go away more often since the house was totally clean and all the laundry was folded and neatly put away. Yeah, ha ha. But seriously I was on a cleaning mission yesterday. Scrubbing, swiffering, windexing, I did it all. By late afternoon, you couldn't tell that we had a dog. Except for the fact that there are still dog toys lying around- um, and the actual dog herself, but you get the idea. She was lying on her "bed" (a couple of blankets on the floor in the bedroom) with her paw over her nose at one point. I think she was overwhelmed with the smell of clean. Or she was resigned to the fact that Gregg was never coming home again and she was now stuck alone with the crazy cleaning nazi.

I feel so good that my house is clean, for the next few days anyway. It was such a workout too. I was exhausted at the end of the day, and it carried over to this morning. I didn't wake up until after Gregg was out of the shower. Eventually I got out of bed, let the dog out and made him breakfast, then saw him off and got in the shower myself so I could leave on time for Sunday school class, which I volunteered to lead this week. After service, I sold cd's of this and past Sundays' sermons at the table in the back to help Gregg out. We were, as usual, the last ones to leave church and we were both tired and hun-gry.

On my way home, I started to feel weary, thinking about all the stuff coming up in the next few weeks and that all we do lately is run around here, there and everywhere with little quality time for each other. We seriously need a vacation. I switched the radio to a Christian station that rarely comes in, though, and to my surprise they were playing really good worship music. It made me realize my soul was thirsty. I sang along to familiar songs, like "Jesus Be The Center" and "Meet With You" and immediately felt better. Like everything came into focus and Jesus was the answer again. By the time I got home, I felt refreshed and ready to enjoy this beautiful day. Before. another. hectic. week. starts.

1 comment:

cdsbutterfly said...

I am glad you got your house cleaned while Gregg was gone. I'm sure your we very excited that he was back though.