Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Life In General

Nothing that earth-shattering going on lately. This past weekend we didn’t really do much of anything. Friday night we started our grocery shopping at Sam’s Club and grabbed some dinner there. Saturday we went out to Walmart to get the rest of the items on our list. It was cold and rainy, so when we got back Gregg threw a pine log on the fire to warm the house up. I love that we have a fireplace! It’s not a big selling feature for homes down here in Florida, but we have found ourselves using it a number of times since Thanksgiving. It really cozies up the living room. I decided to make lasagna that night because the dreary weather made me want to bake something warm and comforting. Gregg really appreciated a home cooked meal too, after almost a week straight of quick- thrown together dinners.

Sunday morning, I woke up feeling kind of crappy. My head hurt and I felt nauseous so after Gregg left for church around 6:30, I went back to sleep until 9. Tess came and slept by my side. When I finally pulled myself out of bed, I had to quick take a shower and eat breakfast so I could get to church on time. I walked into the sanctuary just as the announcements were being read. Before the close of service the chairman of the board of elders announced our new interim pastor, who will fill in for the next six months while they look for Pastor Dan’s permanent replacement. He’s retired from another PCA somewhere in Central Florida, which has a lot of similarities to Covenant. This should hopefully give our church some more stability in light of recent events.

When Gregg and I got home, we heated up some lasagna for lunch and then he took a nap on the couch while I checked and wrote email. We tried to watch the Superbowl, but CBS wasn’t coming in very well on our tv, so we ended up watching some really terrible movie from the nineties since there was nothing else on and fell asleep in the middle of it! We woke up at 11:50 and dragged ourselves off to bed.

So, that was our very exciting weekend. I know you all must be jealous. But seriously, sometimes it is nice to just be at home and do nothing after you’ve been running around all week. In other news, Gregg was asked yesterday to do a job in Orlando for the company who sent him to Miami last February. They need an A/V tech at a Johnson & Johnson stockholder’s meeting or something for two days next week, and he said he’d be willing to do it. So there’s an extra $500 this month- cha ching! What a blessing.

Tonight we’re having “game night” at Small Group and it’s my turn to bring a dessert, which I have to quick whoop up as soon as I get home. It looks like another rushed, re-heated dinner kind of night.

No comments: