Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Taking A Look Back

It was one year ago today that we moved into our house. We spent the day meeting with the seller who gave us the keys, trekking in stuff that we had driven down from NJ with and going to Walmart to buy necessary items. Our first dinner was provided by a wonderful young couple who had us over to their apartment and made us feel extremely welcome. That night we slept on an air mattress in the guest room, since the truck with all of our furniture wasn't due to arrive in Florida until a few days later. We didn't officially take ownership until April 7. The seller was gracious enough to let us move in and pay him rent for five weeks before the mortgage was finalized.

It's hard to believe it's been one whole year since then. It really flew by, with us having to make some adjustments here and there. Me finding a job. Deciding which colors to paint the house. Making new friends. Finding our way around a new city. Being 1,000 miles away from family. Grappling with the many changes that happened to our church within such a small amount of time.

Yes, this year has been quite different but also amazing. When we moved, I didn't fully appreciate the things we were giving up or that I would miss- like my job at the pregnancy center or being so close to both of our families. But we knew we had to let some things go in order to have a better quality of life, and so Gregg could fulfill his calling. In that time though, we've found our way and taken up root here. And it's been very exciting and rewarding.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." How great is our God!

No comments: