Thursday, February 08, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #9

Okay, I’ll admit it. I like sappy, romantic love songs. That’s probably why I listen to a lot of Lite FM, which my husband teases me about. My favorite radio program is “Love Songs with Delilah”. I know, I know- so cheesy. I guess I’m just a “hopeless” romantic.

So with Valentine’s Day around the corner, I thought I’d list some of my favorite romantic tunes. Some are personal to me and Gregg; others I just like listening to.


13 Sappy and Romantic Songs

1. “Melt” by Rascal Flatts
2. “From This Moment” by Shania Twain. We chose this for our first dance together as husband and wife. Whenever I hear it, I think of Gregg.
3. “Love of My Life” by Michael W. Smith
4. “Endless Love” by Lionel Richie and Diana Ross
5. “Taking You Home” by Don Henley
6. “I’ll Still Be Loving You” by Restless Heart
7. “You Always Be Beautiful (In My Eyes)” by ?
8. “I Will Be Here” by Steven Curtis Chapman. One of our friends sung this song at our wedding as we lit the unity candle, and I think it’s just a beautiful lyrical statement of commitment and faithfulness.
9. “When God Made You He Must Have Been Thinking About Me” by Newsong and Natalie Grant
10. “You Mean the World To Me” by Toni Braxton
11. “I Could Not Ask For More” by Edwin McCain
12. “How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You” by James Taylor
13. “It’s Your Love” By Faith Hill and Tim McGraw


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



4 comments:

L^2 said...

I'm not a big fan of most sappy love songs, but I have to admit that "How Sweet it is to be Loved by You" by James Taylor really makes me smile. :-)
Happy TT!

Lara said...

yay! i did this for my very first TT ever! (which was all of, oh, a month ago?) i also had "i will be here," but all your others are different from mine. great list! :)

Lady G~ said...

Awe... great list. Love is the greatest of all. Nothing sappy about that. :o)

Unknown said...

1. “Melt” by Rascal Flatts--awesome
I hear it, I think of Gregg.
3. “Love of My Life” by Michael W. Smith one of my favorites
5. “Taking You Home” by Don Henleylove this!
7. “You Always Be Beautiful (In My Eyes)”This is by Joshua Kadison and I wanted to use this in my wedding as we;;
8. “I Will Be Here” We used this as well for our candle
9. “When God Made You He Must Have Been Thinking About Me” by Newsong and Natalie Grant

11. “I Could Not Ask For More” by Edwin McCainthis was our wedding song
12. “How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You” by James Taylor
13. “It’s Your Love” By Faith Hill and Tim McGraw