Monday, April 21, 2008


Rain, rain go away! We have been spoiled with all of the beautiful weather we've enjoyed lately, but now April showers are making their appearance unfortunately. :(

Saturday was just as nice as Friday. I had to teach another training class to the foster parents early that morning. I got to leave when it was over at 11, but they had to stay there all day for two other trainings. After eating lunch, Gregg and I did our grocery shopping. Then with the few hours remaining of daylight, we went to the park to do some geocaching. This is Gregg's new favorite hobby. I admit I'm not that much into it, but I enjoy spending time with him as he searches for caches in sometimes the most conspicuous of places. We took Tess along, and she was very happy to sniff around and try to play with the other dogs. As it turns out, we only found one of the three caches hidden in the park, but it was still fun to walk around. There were a lot of families with small children, having picnics and playing on the playground. I can't wait to go there with our little boy some day in the not too distant future.

On Sunday it poured cats and dogs. After church and a quick snack we met Gregg's parents, who were on their way back to NJ after visiting the grand kids in North Carolina, for a late lunch. We pretty much sat around and watched tv for the rest of the evening since it was so yucky out.

This morning I had another routine prenatal check-up. The doctor went over the results of my ultrasound on the 4th, and everything is normal with baby. At the time, he was measuring 14 ounces! She said that the exam revealed I have a "low lying placenta", however. It's not so low that it's covering my cervix and I can still have a vaginal delivery, but if it doesn't rise before the end of my pregnancy I could experience bleeding during labor. The doctor told me that it will probably not be a problem, but scheduled another ultrasound for May 2 just so they can take another look at it. At this visit, she also measured my uterus and checked for the heartbeat, which is in the 150s. Baby Boy began to kick when she put the Doppler on my tummy and pretty much didn't let up until noon today. Must be nap time now!

Gregg and I had dinner Friday night with friends of ours who are in the process of adopting a baby from China. As they talked about all the stuff they had go through just to be approved and then receiving word that because of the Olympics in Beijing this August, the adoption would be delayed even further, I had new appreciation for the ability to have a child naturally. In our case, it was really effortless. I don't know why God chooses some couples to bare children the "good old fashioned way" and others wait months, years hoping and trying to conceive. Our friends are a great example of trusting in the Lord through a difficult time. They are going to be amazing parents and a blessing to the little girl they end up adopting.

1 comment:

amy said...

I pray for encouragement for your friends. I have been reading your blog for months, rarely commenting for some odd reason.

But, we are adopting from China and we know that wait as well!

Feel free to give them our adoption blog

I love reading your blog. We desire a biological child but we really just want a family. God has been so good to us by bringing adoption into our lives.

God bless you!