Tuesday, August 12, 2008

38w5d

These last few days have sort of blended together. It's so nice being off from work, but at the same time I keep forgetting what day it is! Since Saturday I've really enjoyed relaxing, doing some last minute baby shopping (I told Gregg we should invest stock in Target), and preparing for the final details of Bubba's arrival.

This morning I met up with a couple of friends for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. These are two of the most gracious and kind hearted women I know, and I am so blessed to have them in my life. They sat and talked with me excitedly over eggs, pancakes, and bacon about baby details and reassured me of concerns I have regarding the C-section I'm about to have. They offered to cook meals for us & bring them over once the baby is born, and can't wait to come visit me in the hospital.

After breakfast, I got my blood work done at Summit Health (another place we should also invest stock in because I'm there so much) and scheduled my phone interview with the pre-op department. I have to don a fabulous plastic wrist band until the surgery, which I'm guessing lets staff know which arm I've already had blood drawn from. I will definitely be sporting all the latest fashions this week: a shower cap, a hospital gown, and yes even a pee bag. Let's hear it for not having to get up to go to the bathroom for at least 12 hours after the procedure. Whoo hoo.

Anyhow, I am really excited about the birth minus all the icky medical stuff. It's crazy how I get to essentially skip my last week of pregnancy. Not that I'm complaining. As Thursday inches closer, I get really anxious to meet this little person who's taken up residence in my womb for the last nine months and know I'll fall in love with him instantly.

3 comments:

erin said...

I can't believe tomorrow is the big day!

I will be praying for you, Gregg, the doctors and Bubba and I hope that it is a peaceful, joyous, exciting time as you greet your son!

I'm so excited for you, sweetie!! And you can bet your bottom dollar that I'd be bringing my "welcome home from having baby" meal to you guys if I was close enough. :)

Love,
Erin

cdsbutterfly said...

Just wanted to say good luck and I can't wait to see pictures.

LCP said...

I am glad you got to relax a bit before the big day!! Hope all goes well and can't wait to see pictures!!