Sunday, August 24, 2008

Update!

I thought I'd take a moment to post a quick update. Colton is doing really well, starting to fill out his newborn clothes now. He's up to 3 oz of formula per feeding, too. He continues to be very content and only cries when he is hungry. I get up to feed him at least twice during the night, and then he goes right back down after being changed.

His mama is doing fine as well. Yesterday was my best day so far. I was able to get around with little discomfort, and emotions wise I felt pretty balanced. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this mom thing.

I'm in that awkward, in between stage where I still don't fit into many of my pre-pregnancy clothes, but all my maternity outfits are too big. I had been feeling really unattractive, due to my now flabby tummy, scar, and ew, stretch marks. My husband is so sweet though. He tells me that I'm beautiful and called my incision my "mommy scar", a sign that I've bore him our son. He also said that I "cooked one great baby".

I still can't believe I'm a mother. It's all so surreal and amazing. I keep thinking Colton is too good to be true, and all of a sudden he's going to be up ten times a night screaming at the top of his lungs. So far we've been able to take him out with us to Target, out for lunch, and out for ice cream, and each trip he just slept the whole time. He has definitely made the transition to mommyhood a relatively easy one for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

congrats again. your honest posts are so beautiful. I have enjoyed reading your journey into mommyhood